Technical Writer Defined
Writers deliver information in a organized and direct
- Organizes subject matter according to function.
- Plans document construction and delivery.
- Interviews developer, engineer, marketing, and technical
- Writes from a perspective of knowledge.
- Edits own and other's work.
- Communicates to engineering, marketing, and support personnel.
- Keeps personnel on project informed as to progress of
document and product between group factions.
- Handles surprise product changes.
- Decodes text to tables for audience information gathering.
- Adds graphic details to enhance audience learning.
- Tests product.
- Provides alpha and beta for document review cycle.
- Finds facts versus reviewer's comments.
- Updates document.
- Delivers document according to known expectations.