- Adept at reading schematics, data specifications, and creating 3D functional
- Electronic equipment: DMM, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, PROM/PAL programmers.
- In-depth understanding of PC systems, and subsets thereof.
- Peripherals: tape, DAT, 8MM, WORM, and CD-ROM drives, scanners, externals.
- Systems: Sun, Arix, IBM and most UNIX-based systems.
- Workstations: Sun, XEROX, IBM 6000, SGI.
- Network equipment, routers, servers, many many model numbers.
- Troubleshooting all hardware from servers to automotive systems.
- Finding solutions for hardware and software incompatibilities.
- Adaptable to changing hardware demands -- discovering the bugs and the solutions.